Monday 14 June 2010

Hema's recipe: Coriander Rice/Kothamali saadam


I just love to eat variety rice. I always like to try different variety of rice. As I made Carrot rice I was searching in the net for some other rice.

I came across this coriander rice from sailusfood. I liked it and gave it a try. It was awesome!!!!!! The grated coconut added when grinding gives a nice flavour and taste.
I just loved it. But I changed the recipe a little according to my taste.

Here goes the recipe.




INGREDIENTS:

1) Rice - 1 cup(preferably basmati rice)
2) Coriander leaves - 1 big bunch
3) Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
4) Green chillis - 3 nos.
5) Cloves - 3 nos.
6) Cinnamon - 1" piece
7) Cardamom - 2 nos.
8) Bay leaf - 1 no.
9) Ginger - 1" piece
10) Jeera - 1/2 tbsp
11) Ghee - 2 tbsp



METHOD:

1) Wash and soak the rice in water for half an hour.
2) Wash the coriander leaves and chop them.
3) Grind the coconut, ginger, jeera, greenchilli along with chopped coriander into a fine paste.
4) Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cloves,cinnamon,cardamom,bay leaf and fry for few seconds.
5) Add the grounded coriander paste and fry for few minutes.
6) Then add rice and mix well. Now add salt.
7) Add 2 cups water, srinkle lime juice and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
8) Serve it with any raita.



Variations:

1)According to your spice, adjust the green chillies.
2)you can also add tomatoes or peas in this rice. But I like to eat it as plain green rice & did not add anything.
3)Lime juice is added so that the rice grains remain separate and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment