Thursday, 24 June 2010
Madhu's recipe: Methi Malai Mutter
1) 1 bunch of methi leaves
2) 1/2 cup mutter/peas
3) 1 onion (finely chopped)
4) 1 tomato (finely chopped)
5) 1.5 tspn coriander powder
6) 1 tspn chilli powder
7) 1 tspn cumin seeds
8) 1/4th tspn turmeric powder
9) 1/2 tspn ginger gralic paste
10) fresh cream 1 tblspn
11) 1 tspn garam masala
12) Salt to taste
1. Clean methi leaves , soak them in water with little salt for 10 min. This will take out the bitterness from the leaves.
2. In a pan add oil, once its hot, add cumin seeds, fry for few seconds, then add chopped onions. fry till onions are translucent.
3. Now add ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds, then add tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes are cooked.
4. Now add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, fry for few seconds. Add enough water and cover it and cook it for 10 min.
5. Now once the raw smell disappears, add peas, methi leaves, enough salt, cook it for further 3-5 min.
6. Finally garnish with fresh cream on top. Serve hot with roti/paratha.
Please note: If Frozen peas is used, it can be directly added to the gravy as mentioned above.
If fresh peas is used, it has to be pressure cooked first, then add it to the gravy as mentioned.