Thursday, 22 July 2010
Madhu's recipe: Vegetable pulao - another method
1. Onion 1
2. Mixed veggies together 1 cup (carrot, peas, potato, capsicum)
3. Cloves 2 , cumin seeds 1 tspn, bay leaf 1, cinnamon stick 1/2 inch.
4. Basmati rice 1 cup (soak in water for 10 min)
5. Salt to taste
To grind in to a paste:
1. Coconut 2 tblspn
2. Fennel seeds 1 tspn
3. Coriander leaves 1 tblspn
4. Green chillies 3
5. ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
Grind the above to a fine paste adding little water.
1. In a pan heat oil , add cloves, Cinnamon, bay leaf, cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds.
2. Now add chopped onions, fry till translucent.
3. Now add the ground paste mentioned above and also add mixed veggies. Cook till raw smell of paste disappears. May be for 5 or 7 min.
4. Now add 1 cup basmati rice , salt, mix it well and add 1.5 cups of water. If pressure cooker is used, cook till 3 whistles. If rice cooker is used once rice is added and mixed well, transfer it to rice cooker and add water as mentioned and switch on the rice cooker.
5. Finally once rice is cooked serve it with any raita of your choice.