Tuesday 20 July 2010

Hema's recipe: Poha(maharashtrian style)





This is my another variety of poha. I learnt this recipe from my neighbour when I was in bombay.

This poha is of maharashtrian style and quite different from my previous milagu aval recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

1) Poha - 1 cup
2) Onions - 1(finely chopped)
3) Jeera - 1/2 tbsp
4) Green chillies - 4
5) Roasted peanuts - 1 tbsp
6) Hing - a pinch
7) Turmeric - a pinch
8) Salt - to taste
9) Coriander leaves - a few

METHOD:

1)Wash the poha nicely and soak for about 5 mins in water. Do not add too much water as it will become too mushy.
2)Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera, hing, turmeric, roasted peanuts and green chiilies.
3)Add onions and fry till they become translucent.
4)Now add the poha after straining it from the water.
5)Add salt and mix them well.
6)Cover it and cook for about 10 mins.
7)Garnish with coriander leaves.
8)Serve hot with any chutney.

Variations:

1)Generally, potato is added. But I don't add it.
2)you can also add carrot, peas, beans but I like to do it only with onions.
3)you can also add ginger garlic paste to this poha.
4)Adjust green chillies according to your spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment