Wednesday, 21 July 2010
Madhu's recipe: Potato & Capsicum Gravy
1. onion 1
2. Tomatoes 3
3. Fennel seeds 1/2 tspn
4. Cumin seeds 1/2 tspn
5. Cloves 3
6. gree chillies 2
7. Coriander powder 2 tspn, chilli powder 1 tspn, turmeric a pinch, garam masala 1/2 tspn.
8. Ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
9. potatoes 1/2 kg (Boiled and chopped in cubes or medium bite size chunks)
10. Capsicum 1 medium
11. Salt to taste
1. In a pan heat oil, add cloves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds. fry for few seconds.
2. Now add green chillis, onion and fry till onion is translucent. Now add capsicum. Cook for 3 min.
3. Now add tomatoes. You can puree it if you want. I pureed them. since it gets cooked faster. add water according to your required consistency.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste and all the powders and cook for 10 or 15 min till the raw smell disappears.
5. Finally add the boiled potatoes, cook for further 1 or 2 min till it gets well mixed and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with paratha or roti.