Tamarind chutney also called as 'sweet chutney' can be served with any chaat like samosa, french fries, papdi chaat or any other chaat. The jaggery gives a tangy flavour to this chutney which is sweet & sour and just tastes great. It can be stored in refrigerator for 1-2 months.
1) Tamarind - 2 lemon size
2) Jaggery - 1/4 cup
3) Salt - 1 tsp
4) Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
5) Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
6) Cumin powder - 1 tsp
7) Water - 1 tumbler
1) Soak the tamarind in hot water for 30 mins and take out the pulp from it.
2) Take a vessel, pour this pulp and add water. Bring it to a boil.
3) Add the powered jaggery and lower the flame to medium. The jaggery should mix well in that tamarind water and the water should reduce to half.
4) Add salt, cumin powder, black pepper & red chilli powder. Stir it well. keep it for 2 mins and then remove from flame.
5) Serve it with samosa or any chaat.