As the name suggests, this dosa is made of tomatoes. My mom prepares this dosa frequently. A unique speciality in this dosa is that it requires no fermentation. As soon the batter is made, we can start preparing dosas.
1) Tomatoes - 3
2) Raw Rice - 1 Cup
3) Urad Dal - 2 tbps
4) Fenugreek Seeds - ¼ tbsp
5) Shredded Coconut - 2 tbsp (optional)
6) Dry Red Chilies - 3 (De-seeded)
7) Salt to taste
8) Oil as required
1) Clean and soak raw-rice, urad dal & fenugreek seeds in water for 3-4 hours.
2) Drain the water. Now in a blender add the rice, urad dal, feugreek seeds, tomatoes, redchilli, coconut and grind it to a smooth batter by adding required salt.
3) Add water as required and it should be like a normal dosa consistency.
4) Now make dosas and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.